Tatsu Works is a company passionate about connecting communities through Tatsumeeko, our modern fantasy RPG. We are looking for a FX Artist in working on Tatsumeeko, the next game expansion to our popular Tatsu.GG platform used by more than 1.4 million Discord communities. We place fun gameplay, awesome user experience and mass adoption at the forefront of our creative vision.
We're looking for a FX Artist who has the technique/knowledge to create effects for Unity usage. We are searching for someone who brings new expertise, is independent, has fresh ideas, and enjoys collaborating with a multi-national cross-functional remote team to develop highly engaging gameplay features and bring positive user experiences all year round.
** You will only be considered for the Senior role if you have at least 5-6 years of experience in creating games
(Senior) / FX Artist Responsibilities
- Create FX art assets that balance performance, efficiency, and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Research, experiment and derive effects from real-world or supernatural references before creating effects for gameplay.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, artists, and programmers to ensure that FX meets the pipeline and workflow requirements.
- Assist in developing workflow and content pipelines and tools for the art team. Creating tools and code to facilitate automated workflows
- Evaluate and source the most efficient asset system or process. You are required to determine whether it is best to develop, co-develop or use an off-the-shelf solution.
- Share knowledge and best practices with teammates.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have prior experience in creating effects for one or more shipped games.
- Have experience working with Unity.
- Have knowledge of Unity Shader Graph & Shuriken particle effect system.
- Are familiar with content creation software, especially 3d Software like Maya/Blender and Photoshop.
- Are experienced with developing for cross-platforms and an excellent understanding of performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques, and optimisation (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of lighting, shader creation, particle effects and animation pipelines in games.
- Knowledge of creating HLSL or GLSL shaders is a plus
- Understand technical aspects of game art creation.
- Are able to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Have excellent multi-tasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- Understand and embrace the speed of a growing startup.
- Are comfortable working with remote team members in various timezones.
- Are willing to get your hands dirty and get work done.
- Have a strong interest in anime and mobile games.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs